Big Snow Storm in New Jersey on 12/26/2010 - Stuck for 18 hours on Rt. 280

Big Snow Storm in New Jersey on 12/26/2010 - Stuck for 18 hours on Rt. 280 Tube. Duration : 4.75 Mins.


New York City and surrounding areas had a big snow storm on Dec 26, 2010. The snow storm was so powerful that I had never seen for the past 10 years. Accordingly, the snow was 18 inches thick and there were 10000 flights canceled in all three airports in New York and New Jersey. Around 6:00pm, I returned home in New Jersey from New York city. For just 3 more miles, I would be home. Unfortunately, I was stuck in the snow in Route 280 W in New Jersey. For 18 hours, I had no food and gas. It was really a remarkable experience in my life. Here is the video created from my video clips and photos which were taken since I had nothing to do at that night. I put a nice-light-warm background music to cover this terrible-cold weather. From this experience, I would suggest you have the following things in your car, especially, in the winter snow time; 1. A blanket 2. Couple bottles of water 3. Some dry food (put in the trunk so it is not easy to get/eat when you are driving) 4. A battery backup charger or car charger for your cell phone 5. An empty gas tank (my son said with 1-2 gallon of gas, I think it may be to danger) 6. Several plastic bags for wrapping up your shoes to prevent your shoes get wet in case you have chance to walk away 7. A snow shovel is good to have. 8. Very important - Some daily use medicine. If you don't have, Aspirin (chewable tablet) is good. ASPIRIN (AS pir in) is a pain reliever. It is used to treat mild pain and fever. This medicine is also used as ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment