Homemade Solar USB Charger using old solar lamps

Homemade Solar USB Charger using old solar lamps Tube. Duration : 3.65 Mins.


Not a tutorial. I have no camera tripod so I just showed segments of what I was doing in the project. This basic circuit just charges and monitors the batteries when there is sun, and they'll charge my phone for quite a bit afterwords. At least an hour without sun. It charges at 300ma and my phone needs 100ma or so of power to charge. So essentially it charges in real time. Great for long bike rides or hiking. The ipods, and iphones require a special communication circuit which communicates with the ipod or iphone when plugged in. This type of detection circuit needs to be created to charge such devices, so as it stands, this will not charge an ipod or an iphone, but will soon! check back later on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment